Photo Rejuvenation is an exciting procedure designed to treat many different skin conditions. The treatments works by using precisely targeted energies to safely penetrate the skin. These energies are absorbed by the abnormal blood vessels or pigmentation, stimulating the body's natural healing process to clear the blemish. At the same time, photo rejuvenation promotes the natural production of collagen, leaving skin smoother and more evenly toned.
Photo Rejuvenation can be used on the face, neck, decollete/chest, arms and hands to treat:
- Erythema: Patients can expect an average of 50-75% reduction in facial erythema after five treatments. Benefits have also continued for up to twelve months following treatments.The face, neck and chest are ideal area for this treatment.
- Flushing: Until recently there has been no effective treatment for facial, neck or chest flushing. Photo-Rejuvenation treatments are extremely effective in reducing the degree of flushing in all patients treated. Most patients report a 75% (or greater) reduction in flushing
- Rosacea: Patients with active inflammatory rosacea generally experience a considerable improvement in their symptoms after a number of Photo-Rejuvenation treatments. Most patients are able to decrease or discontinue treatments for rosacea. Although symptoms of rosacea may re-occur following treatment, most patients report 60% (or greater) improvement in their rosacea
- Photoaging and sun damage: Skin that displays fine wrinkling, freckling or irregular pigmentation from chronic sun exposure is visibly improved after a series of Photo-Rejuvenation treatments. Fine wrinkles shown an average improvement of 15-25% (or greater) after five treatments.
- Pigmentation Problems: Such as brown age spots or melasma, coarse or rough appearing skin with large pores. Patients with this skin type generally experience smoother, softer skin with a visible reduction in pores after Photo-Rejuvenation treatments. Pore size improves an average of 50% (or greater).
- Non Facial Sun damage: Chest, dorsal, hand, forearm and the leg can all be safely rejuvenated using the Photo-Rejuvenation procedure.
- Broken capillaries: Fades unsightly Spider Veins and broken capillaries.
- Acne Scarring: Photo-Rejuvenation treatments are effective in reducing the erythema and post-inflammatory hyper- pigmentation of acne scarring.
What are the advantages over other skin rejuvenation modalities?
There are substantial visible improvements seen in the skin with minimal "downtime". In most cases, patients are able to return to normal activity immediately. Treatments are safe with a minimal risk of scarring or adverse effects. The whole face can be treated for most patients within 40 minutes and other non-facial skin areas can be treated. Photo-Rejuvenation treatments are also the only truly effective treatment for facial, neck and chest erythema, telangiectasias and flushing.
How many treatments will I need?
Depending on the skin concern, as little as 1-2 treatments are required, but for some conditions, 4-6 treatments are recommended. A follow up treatment in 2 or more years may be required for some conditions.
Does it hurt?
Most people describe the treatment as feeling like an "elastic band flicking on the skin". After the treatment, the area may feel like a sunburn for several hours. Patients do have the option of having a topical anaesthetic applied to the area before treatment to eliminate any discomfort.
Are there any side effects?
Most side effects are mild and of short duration. There may be slight redness and/or crusting immediately following treatment, lasting less than 24 hours in most people, on rare occasions it may last up to several days.
What should I expect after treatment?
After treatment you may experience slight irritation, much like mild sunburn. This usually lasts from 2-24 hours and can be soothed with Topical Gel. Depending on the type of blemish, imperfections will sometimes darken after treatment before being naturally shed or fading completely. This will typically occur within 14 days. Several treatments may be necessary to achieve optimum results.
Recommended treatment schedule
For best results, a series of 4 to 6 treatments is recommended, usually spaced 6 weeks apart. The total number of required sessions varies depending on the condition of your skin. During your initial consultation, your therapist will personalise your treatment schedule for maximum results.